Sunday, June 12, 2011

Strawberry Fields

Stopped by Sally today to replenish my polish remover and of course had to pick up a couple of polishes while I was there. The one I'll be wearing tomorrow is by China Glaze and is called Strawberry Fields.

This is a really lush color and I like it a lot. As I said in my previous post, I usually tend to gravitate towards more creamy, opaque colors than to shimmery or sparkly ones. But Strawberry Fields is a very shimmery pinky red color. And the shimmer/sparkle has a gold undertone, which you can kind of see in the picture.

Here it is with the flash, which really shows the gold undertones:



I decided to try to add some adhesive rhinestone flowers, since I finally picked up some top coat "bonder" while at Sally today. I think it's cute but I have my doubts as to how well they will stay on, especially at work shuffling papers and folders:



Overall I'm happy with the color. I also got another pinkish color from China Glaze called Designer Satin. I might try this color next time I change polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment