Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dorothy's Dress & Ruby Slippers


Orly - Snowcone, China Glaze - Ruby Pumps, Finger Paints - Santa Kisses


I attempted my first tape manicure today, but when I pulled the tape off it pulled off the base color and ruined it and I had no patience for trying again right now. I'll attempt it again this week I'm sure, especially since I bought 3 rolls of tape today!

After that fail, I decided it would be easier to do a tape mani on a base that I had already worn for a day, so I just did a coat of Snowcone and was going to leave it and try taping something tomorrow. But then the tiny little sample bottle of CG Ruby Pumps I got at Sally today for 99 cents started calling my name, begging to be tried. So I put it on my tips. I liked it but the Ruby Pumps looks a bit dull next to the blue, so I decided to put the FP Santa Kisses on top.


I originally put Matte about You on top of the blue, but after I added the tips I decided it would look better with a shiny finish, so I put a coat of Seche Vite on top. After I was finished I decided it reminded me of the color of Dorothy's dress and ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz. Now I want to watch it!



No comments:

Post a Comment