Sunday, December 18, 2011

Practicing

I was thinking about what I am going to do with my nails next week when I go to Missouri for Christmas.  My Thanksgiving turkey was popular with my family and I want to do something fun for Christmas too.  So I was playing around and came up with a few ideas.  I decided to try them all on one hand.  First, a Christmas tree. 



Next I did a strand of Christmas lights.  I got the idea for this design off a blog somewhere and I tried for 20 mins to find it again so I could link it here but I couldn't find it. 


Next I did a candy cane design.  I think every nail blogger in the world has done this one, so I'm not going to link anyone.  But I really like how this turned out.  The pearly white color is OPI Kyoto Pearl.  Love this color!!  This design is on the short list for the trip home.  I really like it and it was easy to do. 


The next design is one I definately want to try again because I think I could do better.  Just a simple snow man: 


The pinky finger was an epic fail.  It was supposed to be a stocking but it turned out terrible.  So instead of a closeup of that finger, here's a pic of the whole hand.  I had fun with this and will definitely be doing more practice before my trip. 




1 comment:

  1. For 'practice' nails these turned out super good! Freenhand work is always tricky, and often the 'easiest' looks are the hardest to pull off!
    I think you did great!

    ReplyDelete