Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmasy Nails


I ended up choosing the candy cane design for my trip at Christmas.  I just added the red tips and the silver line before I left.  I left that on until the day before Christmas, and then I changed to a manicure of every other nail red and green, with gold tips on them all.  That was my manicure for Christmas day and I wore that until I got home on the 27th.  I was having so much fun with my family that I completely forgot to ever take a pic of my Christmas nails.  Oops!

Also, I discovered something while I was at my grandparents' house:  doing other people's nails is much harder than doing my own.  I did my sister-in-law's nails and I wasn't really happy with how they turned out.  I just did red with white tips and a silver stripe in between.  She said she liked it of course, but I felt like I have done better on myself than I did on her so I was a bit disappointed in it.  At one point I actually had her sit next to me and put her hand in front of me facing the way my hands face when I do my own nails.  That made it somewhat easier.  Her nails are shaped much differently than mine so that may have had something to do with it. 

I have to say I'm kind of glad the holidays are over because my nails are so stained from using red on so many manicures lately.  I want to stay far far away from it long enough for my nails to outgrow the stains.  It wil help that I cut my nails immediately when I got home from Christmas.  Although I love the way my nails look when they're super long, it's just not practical.  I need to be able to type as fast as possible, and when my nails are that long I just can't go as fast as I'm capable of. 

Hope everyone who might be reading this had a great Christmas!  Mine was great - I had a wonderful time especially hanging out with my 4 year-old nephew.  He is such a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment