Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Winter Mani

Orly - Snowcone
Silver Striper
Pure Ice - French Kiss
China Glaze - Fairy Dust

Tonight's mani is more wintery than Christmas-y, but it's still appropriate for this time of year.  I'm extremely thankful that we haven't had any snow here in southeast Wisconsin yet this winter.  Of course, I probably just jinxed it and it will snow 3 feet this weekend!

Anyway, the first coat is the baby blue color - Snowcone.  I love this polish because it only takes one coat to get it opaque and it goes on so smoothe.  Orly's creme polishes are so easy to work with.  After that dried I put on the French Kiss and I did it free-hand, so the lines weren't that straight because I don't have a blue striper.  The silver stripe wasn't originally planned, but after realizing how awful the transition was from one blue to the other (jagged edges!) I decided to put the silver stripe in between them to make it more seamless.

I was also going to do silver tips with some sparkly glitter over them, but after I put the silver stripe I decided that would be too much, and I really liked the way it looked without the tips a different color. I was also planning to put a matte topcoat over the darker blue, but I decideed against it and instead put a coat of Fairy Dust for sparkle over the French Kiss.  I loves me some sparkle!!

I'm happy with the way this turned out, even though it really isn't like the original picture I had in my head when I sat down to do my nails.  One of the things I love about nail art is that there is no right or wrong, and I can do anything I want or think looks good.  To me, this manicure says "snowy winter."  Ironic, because I hate snow, and I hate winter!  :)

2 comments:

  1. good winter mani...
    PS: you don't show your followers button :\ or I cant find it to follow, maybe i'm blind :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour choices for this manicure! they play well together

    ReplyDelete