Sunday, December 11, 2011

Work Christmas Party

Our work Christmas party was Friday night.  It was an informal affair, but we have a pretty relaxed dress code every day so I wanted to get a little more dressed up for a change.  I wore a red, black and white top that had sequins on it.  I had actually worn that top to our Christmas party about 3 years ago, but I knew no one would notice.  Most of my co-workers aren't really into fashion or beauty stuff anyway (except Susan, my only blog reader - HI SUSAN!!!)  So I wanted to do something with the same color scheme on my nails.  So here is what I came up with:

Sinful Colors - Black on Black
China Glaze - Ruby Pumps
Red Glitter Striper

I'm happy with how it turned out for the most part.  I first did 2 coats of Ruby Pumps and then after that dried I used 2 pieces of tape to make the triangle, then painted on the black.  The tape lines weren't perfect so I decided to go over them with the red glitter striper.  Then I added the rhinestones.  I just used a dot of top coat then dropped the rhinestone on top.  Then I added 2 more coats of top coat to seal it in. 

I did this mani on Thursday night and didn't get started till about 8:30 because I had to wrap some presents and do some other things around the house.  So it was like 10:30 before I was finished.  I was happy because the rhinestones lasted till about 8:00 the night of the party (which started at noon) before they started popping off. 

I took it off on Saturday and replaced it with just straight black.  I plan to do another nail design this afternoon while watching the UNDEFEATED Packers whoop up on the Raiders.  :)

2 comments:

  1. cute mani for a party! Go TEXANS ehehehe :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...i also read this sweet blog miss emily and your mani went perfectly with your top! :)
    Lori B.

    ReplyDelete