Thursday, January 19, 2012

Black Monday

This past Monday was a sad day all across the frigid state of Wisconsin, our beloved Pack having lost in the first round of the playoffs.  As I said in my last post, I had vowed to wear black on my nails the next day if they lost the game. 

As it turned out, the Packer's loss also coincided with a happy event:  the arrival of my first bottle of Magnetic Polish!!  I first saw this online before Christmas but didn't actually buy it until last week.  I ordered it from Amaz0n, and it was a splurge.  It's called Trafalgar Square and it's by a company called Nails, Inc. 



So basically, you paint your nails with one coat of this.  Then, one nail at a time, you paint another coat, then hold the magnet that's embedded in the cap over the nail and it makes the following design:


I think this looks AWESOME!  The first time I did it, it didn't turn out well, so I had to take it off and start over.  Before I did that, I decided I didn't want to waste any of it, so I thought I'd use a dark color underneath for the first coat instead of a layer of the magnetic.  I used a dark blue thinking it might look cool if it showed through a bit, but you can't really see the blue except by the cuticle where it looks crappy. 

Anyway, I thought this was an appriately dark polish to wear on a day of mourning. Now that I've seen how this stuff works, I would really like to have some of the other colors.  I know there is a purple and I might have to splurge on that one sometime in the near future.  I also want to try using this effect with some other shapes and colors.




1 comment: