Thursday, January 19, 2012

Packer Backer



My boss' wife is an adorably sweet woman who is so thoughtful!  I sometimes post my manicures on f@cebook so she knows I am a nail art junkie.  She happened to see these "nail tattoos" at a store somewhere and picked them up for me.  So sweet!!  I thought that was such a nice thing to do. 

I got them the weekend after the regular season, so I decided to save them for the playoffs.  I did these nails last Saturday in hopes that it would bring us luck in the first round of the playoffs on Sunday.  I was originally going to use one on each finger, but it took me a few tries to get the hang of applying them, and I ended up wasting too many so I just put one on the middle finger of each hand.  Then I used a striping brush with some yellow and green acryllic paint (my first try using them and I was satisfied and glad I ended up buying them - they will be perfect for doing nail art without using/wasting too much nail polish.)

Unfortunately, my Packers mani did not bring them luck, and they ended up playing like absolute crap and losing in a disasterous fashion.  It sucks, especially after they played so great all season and only lost one game.  But the way they played that last game they didn't deserve to win.  It was sad and pathetic. 

Now, I'm no fair-weather fan.  I stick by my team to the end.  Having said that, I had decided that if they won I would wear the Packers manicure to work on Monday and celebrate with my fellow fans; and if they lost I would wear black polish the next day.  About halfway through the 4th quarter it started to become pretty clear that the game was not going to turn out as I'd hoped, and by the time it was over the Packers mani was long gone and I was already working on my Black Monday Manicure....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment