Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nail-Tastrophie

Tragedy
When the feeling's gone and you can't go on
It's tragedy
 -- Bee Gees

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  I don't even know how it happened.  I'm so annoyed!!  Last week when I was wearing the jagged tips mani, I came out of the restroom at work, went back to my desk, and saw that my right index nail was barely hanging on by a tiny little piece.  I don't recall hitting or snagging it on anything, and I didn't even feel it happen.

Of course I didn't have any nail glue so I put two bandaids on it and glued it when I got home.  Then I repainted my nails with two coats of China Glaze Gothic Lolita.  Later that night, I completely forgot about it and opened a soda with that nail.  STUPID MOVE!  It broke again and I was forced to re-glue it.  I just didn't even think about it and my nails are usually really strong and I wouldn't worry about opening a soda.  I'm so mad at myself!

Anyway, the next morning, it ripped off at the tip when I got to work and took the top layer of my nail halfway down.  OUCH!! 

I couldn't stand to look at it all day so I put another bandaid on it and then hacked the rest of them off the minute I got home.  If it had been a thumb or a pinky, I might have left the rest of the nails long, but it just felt so weird to have my index finger SO short and the rest of my nails so long.  I was having trouble typing! 

So, I'm down to nubbins. I absolutely hate my nails this short and I can't wait till they grow out some.  The broken one is going to take a while to regrow because the top layer of the tip is completely ripped off and is now super flimsy and flexible.  Here's hoping it will grow fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment