Thursday, January 5, 2012

Inspired by Nailside


This was my attempt to follow the Explosion Tape Mani tutorial that Jane of Nailside posted.  As you can see, it didn't turn out nearly as perfect as hers, but for my first attempt I thought it wasn't bad.  Pleae forgive the pre-cleanup picture, but this manicure took me almost 3 hours and by the time I was done I didn't give a rip if I had polish all over my hands.  I just wanted it to dry so I could go to bed! 

Here's my right hand, which didn't turn out as bad as it could have, but doesn't look at all like the tutorial.



I was originally going to try using a different color scheme, but then I decided that I really liked the colors she used, and thought it would be easier to stick with the scheme while following the tutorial. 
I am definitely going to try this again sometime, with different colors. 

Here is what I used:

OPI - That's Hot Pink
Orly - Liquid Vinyl
China Glaze - Icicle

I'm thinking I might tackle this again over the weekend and see if I can do a better job.  I need more practice at tape placement. I had a hard time visualizing what it would look like after the tape came off.  Also, next time I'm going to try cutting all the tape before I start sticking it on and maybe it won't take as long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment